Saturday, April 16, 2011

"created to be"

Friday, April 15, 2011 (6:46 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Good morning. Hi.

(11:57 a.m.)

And I’m back! In a MUCH better frame of mind, thank You very much. I couldn’t figure out why even the beauty of the sky wasn’t of much interest to me so much earlier this morning. It wasn’t until I confessed “GRUMPY” to the husband that I figured it out.

We watched a movie that left me extremely unsettled last night. I hadn’t given it much thought. But with just a tiny bit of interaction, BAM! There it was.

Thank You Lord. Thank You that You created us to be like You. Thank You that in reminding me of this right now I truly feel as if I could just snuggle down into Your Word. Wrapped in Its healing truth and relax. Thank You Lord. Thank You that Your Word is alive

Saturday, April 16, 2011 (6:57 a.m.)

… and available to each of us. Lord, I realize that I keep pulling away from You. I come to You readily enough. But just when we start going deeper into Your Word together, I run away. Whether it’s emotionally, mentally or physically, I know that I keep pulling back from You.

I don’t know if it’s because I fear something in particular, or if I’m just not ready for You to work in me as You might desire. What I do know right now is that I want to stay here with You this morning.

As I began waking up I was blessed by some words and phrases of a song. It took very little time before I had the melody with which to sing Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death Blessed Lord how I thank You that little by little the words kept coming. I will fear no evil For my God is with me And if my God is with me Whom then shall I fear Whom then shall I fear

Thank You too for the ease with which I came across the entire song just now. Not remembering the title (You Never Let Go) or artist (Matt Redman) I typed in only “Whom then shall I fear lyrics” and found it on the very first click. Thank You Lord.

How protected and loved I am by You. My mind takes me to a myriad of things for which to be afraid. People, places and things – oh my!

Too often I allow those fears to distract me from spending uninterrupted time with You. Instead of punishing me and withdrawing, You remind that Oh no You never let go Through the calm and through the storms Oh no, You never let go In every high and every low Oh no, You never let go, Lord, You never let go of me

Lord, how I thank You. Up until the early hours of this morning I was reading and acknowledging just how many things I do fear. I got to look more at the stages of grief and wonder just how much of what all is going on inside me is related to my not having done much in the way of healthy grieving. I confess to becoming quite adept at avoidance, distraction, and acting as if. There has been very little follow through on my part though.

And then You sang to me. Before my eyes were even open You reminded me that if my God is with me (Psalm 46:11) Whom then shall I fear (Psalm 27:1) Thank You Lord.

Thank You for the sweet surprise that followed in finding the song. The second line resonates deep within as I am again reminded Your perfect love is casting out fear Lord You are so incredibly good to me!

Just as I got distracted yesterday by all the truths which came firing at me from Your Word, I am again overwhelmed by how one of Your truths leads right into another. I am created to be like You (Ephesians 4:24). Your Word is alive and active (Hebrews 4:12). Your perfect love casts out fear (1John 4:18). And way back from the farthest corner of my mind once again comes Your message to Zerubbabel (Zechariah 4:6). “Not by might, nor by power, but my Spirit, says the Lord Almighty – you will succeed because of my Spirit, though you are few and weak.”

Lord. Thank You for speaking to me. Thank You for reminding me. Thank You for loving me. Thank You that You created me to be like You. Complete Your process in me Dearest Lord. Move me once again out of Your way that I might truly follow You as a member of Your ultimate second line! I love You Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(793 words ~ 8:16 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment