Sunday, April 17, 2011

delight

Sunday, April 17, 2011 (6:10 a.m.)

Loving Lord,

What delight! Birds are singing and chirping [and flitting around in the tree across the street J]. The view toward the west wasn’t all that special as I walked down the hall. But I honestly felt about five years old with my first sight toward the east. A very unexpected “Oh!” escaped my mouth without my even knowing it was there. True delight Lord!

Thank You for this honor and privilege. I get to witness such beauty AND commune with You about it all. You have blessed me so much Dearest Lord. Thank You!

Today I meet You in Psalm 147, described as “Praise to God, who ‘delights in those who fear Him’.” It begins and ends with, “Praise the Lord!” That is exactly how I long to approach each and every day. Praising You from the beginning to the end.

As I’ve read this same Psalm in countless versions this morning, the intense beauty with which the day began has faded. In less than thirty minutes the brilliance of color has become dull and ordinary. Thank You Lord that You NEVER change! (Malachi 3:6) You are “the same yesterday, today, and forever” (Hebrews 13:8).

And just as I am getting ready to get started with the rest of the day, there is a bigger “Aha!” than I remember having in such a long time. As exciting as this chapter has been for me, I came back to it and read 146 ‘by mistake’ [Are there really mistakes with You Lord? J] It too begins and ends with “Praise the Lord!” [Thank You that I AM noticing a pattern here! J]

In reading the commentaries at the bottom of the page a new awareness has come to me that I have never considered before. Truly Lord, I am AGOG (excited to tell)! Because of a bracket I had previously written there, I know I’ve read this section before. But not in this way.

Lord, through the years I have struggled when reading Your Word when it refers to our enemies. I don’t know what it’s like to be chased into a cave fearing for my life. Or do I?

This one little line, at the bottom of the page shed new light on something I don’t remember ever exploring before. The sentence before gives a little build up. “There is always hope when God is brought into the picture, because there is nothing greater than God’s power.” Amen to that!

Oh, but here it comes… “He is able to provide for all our needs and is never overwhelmed by the problems or dependencies that we call our enemies.” Oh Your goodness Lord! Or better still, as I had just typed it, “Oh Your GODNESS!!!!”

Lord, thank You. Thank You that You would meet me here with such delight. Thank You that every single day there is something new and exciting to consider. Help me use this day to Your glory Dearest Lord. I love You. Thank You that I get to be counted as one in whom You delight. You “take no pleasure in the strength of a horse or in human might. No, the Lord’s delight is in those who fear Him, those who put hope in His unfailing love.”

Thank You Lord. Praise You! Amen.

(553 words ~ 7:23 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment