Tuesday, April 5, 2011

GRATEFUL!

Saturday, April 2, 2011 (8:16 a.m.)

Absolutely Amazing God,

WOW! You are AWESOME! Thank You. Thank You for deep solid sleep, filled with dreams and details that right now mean nothing to me. Oh, but I slept. How soundly I slept!

Lord I’ve been talking to and looking for You this morning since before five. I was convinced I knew which direction my prayer was going to head. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed. Rather discouraged. I thought for sure that studying the word “Believe” would help set me straight.

Thank You that instead You prompted me to come sit at the window and watch the day unfold before me so beautifully. It was so beautiful in fact, I even thought that [‘beautiful’ J] might be the theme for the day.

Ah, but getting to go back to sleep. Deeply. Soundly. Restoratively. All that rest enhanced my gratitude and here I find myself in Colossians 3:16. Under the bold title “Christ The Pattern for a Fulfilling Life” Ah yes Lord! Speak to me clearly about Your pattern for fulfilling my life.

Last year, right about this time You encouraged me to live in You (Colossians 2:6) “rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught and overflowing with thankfulness” (v.7).

Oh most Dear and Blessed Lord, how I confess to turning to the world for comfort and support over You. I feel lost so I seek desperately for what it is I think is supposed to keep me safe. I watch what all is going on in the world and I KNOW that You are our only hope, yet still I fall away in disillusionment.

Lord, You are good. You are holy. You ‘know the plans You have for us. They are pans for good and not for evil, to give us a future and a hope’ (Jeremiah 29:11). While I don’t ever forget or actually doubt this truth-filled promise of Yours, I do tend to stand on it more firmly at certain times more than others.

Thank You Lord that Your Word is NOT circumstantial! It is the same, yesterday, today and forever (Hebrews 12:8) like You! Nothing can be added to or taken from (Ecclesiastes 3:14).

Lord, every thought I have this morning brings me to another verse to look up. You are so very good Dear Lord and I am so thankful to be able to spend this time with You, fully AGOG [eager and excited to tell J] and grateful.

Considering the amount of time I think I have spent just sitting around indulging myself and feeling guilty about it Lord I ask You to redeem it and me. I keep trying to understand things that are not mine to figure out. I desperately want to “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God” (Colossians 3:16).

The Preacher reminded me in Ecclesiastes 3:12 “there is nothing better for men than to be happy and to do good while they live.” I ask You Lord, oh so humbly and gratefully to empower me to live this day with the chief purpose being ‘to glorify You and enjoy You forever’. I love You so very much Lord. Help me LOOK like I do! Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(573 words ~ 9:26 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment