Tuesday, May 3, 2011

so much

Monday, May 2, 2011 (5:52 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Thank You. You got us home safely. And on time. You have so much to teach us. There’s so much for us to learn.

So much, Lord. So very much.

(7:20 a.m.)

I look in Your Word and I read so much. There are promises of so much love. So much joy. So much hope. I look to You and think repeatedly, “It’s just so much Dearest Lord.” So much that I don’t even know where or how to start.

With almost every thought comes a note or two from different songs. I had hymns going there for a while. And just now it switched over to Julie Andrews’ call to start at the very beginning, a very good place to start…

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 (5:37 a.m.)

And just like that I was off to do something else. Take care of some kind of business. Just like in everything else around here, there is just so much to do. So much for which to be grateful. So much to give You thanks. So much change. So much work. So much, Lord. So very much.

(7:00 a.m.)

And there again, so much distraction. Lord, I start out in Your Word. I get excited [agog J] and start nodding my head like one of the plastic dogs in the back of a car window. I agree with what I read. There’s so much hope to be found within these pages.

How I ask You Lord to transfer these messages of truth into my every fiber. In Luke (3:16) John the Baptist foretold, “Someone is coming soon who is greater than I am – so much greater…” John 3:16 reminds that “God loved the world so much…”

Also found in the book of John (7:15) people were surprised when they heard You; wondering how You possibly knew “so much” when You hadn’t been trained. Your own words from verse twelve, in chapter sixteen, perk my ears up. “There is so much more I want to tell you, but you can’t bear it now.” Yet it’s the promise of verse thirteen that starts my heart beating faster and my mind wandering. “When the Holy Spirit, who is truth, comes, He shall guide you into all truth, for He will be passing on what He has heard. He will tell you about the future.”

Lord God, there is SO MUCH I don’t understand! So much I think. So much I hope. So much I get wrong. So much I must start over again.

Thank You Lord for Your promises of a better life. Promises of a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11). Promises that keep us trusting. And believing. Lord God, I love You. I thank You.

Turning over to a commentary about Paul’s words to the Romans (11:33-36) my soul again starts to swell so much. “After sketching out the broad contours of God’s plan for us, Paul could only fall on his knees in worship of God’s majesty.” Your ‘plan, wisdom, knowledge and ways are so far beyond ours that we have only one option: to humbly give You the praise You deserve!’

Thank You Lord. I love You. And I praise You. So much! Amen.

(538 words ~ 7:42 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment