Tuesday, April 26, 2011

interesting

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 (5:02 a.m.)

Beautiful Lord,

It’s interesting. I woke up singing Joyful, Joyful, we adore Thee♫. Part way down the hall I realized it had changed to Beautiful One. The most interesting thing about it is that I didn’t notice when it happened.

Lord. Thank You for helping me sing. Thank You that even when all the words aren’t right here with me, often times I find them rather easily.

(6:38 a.m.)

But I didn’t stay here with You, Lord. I was feeling especially tired and went back to lay down. And now what I am experiencing is sadness. Deep. Powerful. Seemingly overwhelming sadness. Do You know from whence it comes?

I am on the verge of tears. It seems that just about anything would send me right over the edge. Rather than stay there trying to figure it out on my own, I’m turning to You Dearest Lord. The Beautiful One I love Beautiful One I adore to the Beautiful One my soul must sing

And right there in the midst of singing to You, something I read last evening just ‘popped’ into my mind. “Spiritual DNA”. Hmm. Interesting.

As much as I don’t understand the science of physical DNA, I’ve just recently begun to again ‘embrace my inner giant’. I’m tall, Lord. You know that. You knew it before I was born (Psalm 139:13). Because of something in my physical DNA make-up, I’ve been considered tall my whole life. The weight may go up or down. The height? Not so much. I can wear flats to try and minimize it, but it’s not going to change. Stand tall and be proud or slouch and try to hide it. It’s my choice. But I can’t change the truth. I’m tall.

Today I’m examining Bible verses that reference our Spiritual make-up. Isaiah 49:1, “Listen to me, all of you in far-off lands: The Lord called me before my birth. From within the womb He called my name.” Jeremiah 1:5, “I knew you before you were formed within your mother’s womb; before you were born I sanctified you and appointed you as my spokesman to the world.” Romans 8:29, “For from the very beginning God decided that those who came to Him – and all along He knew who would – should become like His Son, so that His Son would be the First, with many brothers.”

Lord, I won’t pretend to understand any of this. I’m tall because my dad was tall and so was his. It’s in my physical DNA. I’m Yours because You said so. Not only do I find this interesting, I think it’s fascinating!

Emotionally, right now, I’m a wreck. Physically? I’m tall. Spiritually? Rock solid in the Truth that You created and called me to be Yours. Lord, I love You. I’m not going to try and figure any of this out. I’m just going to rest in Your Truth. Trust it. Allow it to wash over me.

Interesting, Lord. VERY interesting! Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(505 words ~ 7:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment