Wednesday, March 30, 2011

dazed or dazzled

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 (8:04 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Good morning. You never cease to amaze me. Thank You for that! Thank You that I can wake up thinking I have nothing to say to You. But that in no way means that You don’t have so much to say to me. Thank You Lord. Thank You that I get to look in Your Word and find power and strength for the day.

You are amazing Lord. Truly amazing. I watch the way You change things. I consider looking up verses that have to do with the word ‘dazed’ and the next thing I know I’m wondering about being dazzled by the various things taking place outside our window. Imagine my surprise to find that these words are indeed related. Lord I confess. I don’t know what to do with them. Are these the words You’d have me consider today? Where in Your Word do You most want me to explore this morning. Please come lead and guide me to what it is You’d have me learn this day.

Yesterday I saw the difference that the change of just one letter in a word can make (from ‘sulk’ to ‘silk’). This morning, by adding two letters to ‘dazed’ I was finding myself stumped until again I saw how easily You changed an entire man’s being. In the ninth chapter of Acts I read how Saul of Tarsus became Paul Your apostle. “He was suddenly dazed by a blinding flash of light” (v.3).

Here again I must add, You are amazing Lord! You don’t just change words. Or minds. You change people. From the inside out!

Lord God, I ask that You would work in me today. Continue changing me. There are so very many things for us to learn in the reading and practice of Your Word. Keep up the fine-tuning of the people You would have us be. Work in us, one letter at a time. Changing us to represent You well.

I love You Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(340 words ~ 9:37 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment