Monday, December 20, 2010

wet

Monday, December 20, 2010 (5:35 a.m.)

Beloved, Blessed Lord,

It’s wet outside. Not just dew on the ground, couple of raindrops wet. No. It’s torrential downpour, flashflood warning kind of wet.

Lord, I confess to having grumbled yesterday about the inconvenience of a wet foot and a couple of leaky windows. Forgive me Lord. That was before I started thanking You for having a roof over our heads and all the other windows that weren’t leaking.

Watching the news last night I became horribly aware of the damage that this much-needed rain is causing for many. Forgive me Father for I am one of those of whom Jesus spoke as he hung on the cross. I am one in need of forgiveness for not knowing what I do. (Luke 23:34)

Thank You Lord for reminding me last evening that “No matter what happens” I am to “always be thankful, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.” (1 Thessalonians 5:18) Lord, I can’t even begin to thank You enough for all You have been doing in our lives to change us from who we once were in ourselves and who we are now becoming in You. The difference in us now compared to how we once were is paramount. And we are grateful to You for this Lord.

Now, back to speaking of the wet that’s going on outside. I’m concerned and praying to You on behalf of those who are being so hugely affected by it. There are the homeless with truly no way to stay dry. There are the shelters that are in no doubt filled to capacity. Trees are being uprooted and crashing into homes. Foundations are giving way to mud and floodwaters.

Turning in Your Word I read some of Job’s (24:8) words to You. Lord God, how I thank You for this record of his losses and his faith in You. Thank You for being a faithful God. Thank You for his example of faithfulness to You. Thank You Lord that You are just and righteousness. Thank You that You are worthy of our trust. Thank You Lord that from one minute to the next we cannot be sure of anything but Your love for us. Help us realize Lord that You are trustworthy and able to do all for us that we cannot do for ourselves.

Guide and direct us this very wet day Dearest Lord. Show us what and how to share whatever it is You would have of us. We love and thank You Lord. You are good and we are grateful. Thank You Lord. Amen.

(437 words ~ 7:09 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment