Monday, December 13, 2010

train of thought

Monday, December 13, 2010 (6:26 a.m.)

Awesome, Blessed Lord God,

Thank You! I didn’t start out with thank You. No. I believe my first thought this morning was “Ow”. Thank You Lord that You absolutely changed my train of thought from thinking of the pain in my lower back from a negative to a positive.

Thanking You for pain? Never thought I’d see it happen. But just look at how it has truly led me already this morning. I woke up thinking how it couldn’t possibly be time to get up. I told You I didn’t really care to watch the sun today. You reminded me of the trashcans that needed to go out to the street. I countered with the pain in my back.

And there it was. No longer “Ouch” but “thank You”. Thank You Lord that because of this very pain I have slowed way down. I’m looking at things differently. If not for the pain there is the very good chance that I would have jumped headlong onto the Christmas train of mindless activity I’ve been managing to stay off so far this season.

Because of the pain [which rhymes with ‘train’ I might add J] I need to rethink the way I do everything. The way I stand and sit, even laugh and sneeze. And I’m thanking You Lord. I am choosing to be mindful in my decisions. Aware. Alert. All the things You tell us. Yeah, here’s a thought ~ maybe if I had paid more attention in the first place we wouldn’t be having this particular discourse. Ah, but having it we are. AND I am particularly grateful for it!

Lord, I am happy to have to slow down and really think about the things that truly matter. Thank You for sidelining me from rushing through things. Thank You that even in slowly moving the recyclables to the street, not only did I become aware of all the rosebuds we have just ready to bloom. No. I also caught a whiff of the neighbor’s geranium, which immediately took my thoughts back to childhood.

Glancing up to once again see that bright morning star which always helps me smile, I became more aware of the crisp, clean air and mountainous view surrounding me. And of course, thanked You!

1 Thessalonians 5:18 is the verse I got up thinking about. “No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.” This is one of the very first times that it came naturally Lord. Effortlessly. I didn’t have to force or wrestle with my thoughts. They just changed direction. From negative to positive. Thank You Lord for leading my train of thought this morning. How I ask that You stay with me this day. Guide and direct my whole heart, soul, mind, and body (Mark 12:30) that I will feel, be, think and do the things that will bring You honor and glory. I love You so very much Dearest Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(505 words ~ 7:27 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment