Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas music

Thursday, December 16, 2010 (5:53 a.m.)

You’re doing it again Lord,

And I’m grateful! Thank You that with the amount of Christmas music we’ve been listening to I’ve come to question some of the lyrics. Especially when they plant themselves so deeply into my subconscious.

Thank You Lord that this particular Advent season I’m paying close attention to the words of these seasonal songs. Tuned to different stations than in years past, I’m keeping a list [and checking it more than twice J] of the songs I’ve never heard before.

Even the music with which I am familiar takes on a whole new meaning when I put YOU at the focus of it. Take this morning’s first song before even opening my eyes. I distinctly remember thinking “Really God?”

After just a little bit of thought and the change of ‘tree’ to ‘me’ I almost laughed out loud with delight. Oh, I’m the happiest Christmas me Ho-ho-ho, hee-hee-hee SOMEONE came and HE found me And took me home with Him

Blessed Lord, thank You for changing the meaning of all these songs for me this year. I noticed it first and foremost the day I started putting You name in whenever I hear that We need a little JESUS Right this very minute… All the other things listed in the song fall readily into place when we recognize what we need is You!

Oh, I’m the happiest Christmas me Ho-ho-ho, hee-hee-hee Look how pretty He dressed me Oh, lucky, lucky me Lord how blessed we are that You didn’t come to just pick one of us. Not the prettiest, nor the finest. No. You came to choose us all. Save us. Each and every one.

Lord God, as the Christmas music continues this season how I ever so humbly ask that YOU would deck each of our halls that we would truly put our focus on You. As we each ever so joyfully sing Oh I’m the happiest Christmas me Christmas Day, wait and see I’ll be laughing happily With a ho-ho-ho, hee-heelet it truly be a deep and resounding representation of the joy that only comes from loving and being loved by You.

Thank You Lord. Thank You for Christmas music that truly points to You! I love You Lord. Use me this day exactly as You wish. Thank You. Amen.

(394 words ~ 6:55 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment