Wednesday, December 29, 2010

faith

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 (7:26 a.m.)

Lake Arrowhead Chalets #120

Lake Arrowhead, CA

Amazing, Awesome God,

Thank You. So many thoughts. So much appreciation. Such love. Joy. Peace. Patience… (Galatians 5:22-23)

(8:59 a.m.)

We woke up this morning to snow falling. What a sharp contrast to the sunrise I experienced yesterday on the Newport Beach pier. Lord, You amaze me!

Attempting to do my own tracking of this particular storm, I checked outside our windows periodically throughout the night. I was completely unprepared for the amount of powdered-sugary appearance that had fallen between 5 a.m. and 7. What a sight to behold.

Thank You Lord. Thank You for the husband who had a boy scout’s foresight to go to the grocery store late last night in preparation to staying indoors all day today. Thank You for his willingness to work through the fact that we had far too much stuff and way too little space to bring back all we had acquired during our week’s stay at the beach.

Only You could have kept each of us involved from resorting to our usual snarky grumblings. You were absolutely there guiding us in our coming together as a team to get us safely from one place to another.

Thank You Lord. The other day when I had tears of sadness over leaving one idyllic spot for another, You were there allowing me to express myself. No longer do I need to feel like a whimp or a wuss. I get to just identify myself as one who is highly emotional and feels some things more deeply than others. Another huge contrast to the brutal conclusion I used to draw of myself.

Thank You Lord that it is truly You working in and through me that continues drawing me to Your will, Your way and Your Word. It is Your Word that I turned to first this morning. Particularly the book of Hebrews, as it pertains to faith. Faith in You. Faith to persevere. Faith to believe. Faith to trust. Faith to dream. Faith to hope. Faith. “Forsaking All I Trust Him” – Faith!

I practiced faith yesterday Lord. There was grumbling and growling and I chose to trust that it would pass. And it did. There were hurt feelings and tears and I chose to believe that those too would be resolved. And they were. You are good Lord. You are faithfully working in each of us. Turning our hearts and our wills to You. Learning. Believing. Hoping. Trusting. All in You.

Which brings me right back to my very first thought this morning. ALL of my faith is in You Lord! Thank You for growing faith such as this in me. I love You so very much. And I thank You beyond all realms of my own understanding. You are good and I am grateful Lord. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(470 words ~ 10:16 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment