Friday, December 10, 2010

the dream


Friday, December 10, 2010 (6:37 a.m.)
Blessed Lord,
There is so much to learn. Thank You that You make us teachable. Thank You that I was delightfully eager [agog] to come out here with You this morning.
Having just woken up from an action packed dream, filled with drama. I look at symbols like a broken bridge and other things that weren’t working to my liking and I see how my whole self [thank You that I was honestly aware of the way I was feeling] relaxed as I sought and looked for other avenues. Lord, I want very much to take the attention to detail I paid in this dream into my everyday life. A wooden suspension bridge was broken and splintered. Continuing ahead only got harder and more dangerous. Trying to do it all on my own? Not a good idea.
Asking others for help, while still thinking the answer was straight ahead finally resulted with me turning around and seeing that I had only come a little way. Going back to where I started was clearly the better option.
Mm, Lord. Just yesterday You reminded me a little bit about the importance of ‘being alert and always keep praying’ (Ephesians 6:18) as well as ‘being earnest and repenting’ (Revelation 3:19).
Oh but Lord, it just gets so much better! I looked up the Revelation verse in The Message. “The people I love, I call to account – prod and correct and guide so that they’ll live at their best. Up on your feet, then! About face! Run after God!”
That’s what I did in the dream Lord! As I inched my way along that broken, splintered bridge on my hands and knees there finally came the good sense to turn around. I got up on my feet and ran back to safety to begin again.
Lord, thank You for being our safety! Thank You for having ‘plans for us that are for good and not for evil. Plans to give us a future and a hope’ (Jeremiah 29:11). Thank You that there was even more to the dream.
I stood in a slow moving line and waited patiently to get where I thought I needed to go. After the other people stopped and split into two different lines, I realized I wasn’t at all where I needed to be. Stopping to ask for directions, I received varying opinions.
Lord, thank You that it was the wisdom of some little kids that once again got me moving. I realized I was dragging and attempting to balance many unnecessary items. These children very simply and directly asked me, “Why?”
Even in remembering this with You right now, I turned immediately to Hebrews (12:1-2) and am still nodding my head. “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”
Lord God, it IS You we long to glorify this holiday season! I actually had an “Ah-ha!” moment in that dream dearest Lord. As the little children led me to rethink my priorities, not only did I become fully aware of what all I was trying to do, I honestly asked myself “Why?” When I realized I was feeling hurt and slighted, I changed my focus to the things that truly brought me joy. WOW! What a difference Lord! Right then, in my dream [and still now] another song began.
I haven’t been able to find it yet, but it has to do with having a very special Christmas. Lord. This is what I ask this morning. Help me stay focused on YOU and the things that bring us joy. I love You so very much Lord. Merry Christmas. I love You. Amen.
(671 words ~ 7:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment