Monday, December 6, 2010

fellowship

Monday, December 6, 2010 (6:39 a.m.)

Blessed Lord God,

Thank You for amazing beauty. Thank You for true fellowship with friends and loved ones. Thank You Lord that as I even consider the word ‘fellowship’ I immediately relate it to Paul’s closing benediction to Your followers in Corinth. “May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all” (2Corinthians 13:14).

Mm, most loving Lord, how I thank You for the opportunity to again explore this blessing. My mind seems to go into overload in just trying to wrap myself in this truth. Your Son’s grace, Your love and genuine camaraderie (mutual trust and friendship among people who spend a lot of time together) with Your Holy Spirit. It’s the most perfect, divine trifecta imaginable. Thank You Lord!

As I pour over Your Word this morning, with a multitude of side trips – like the few walks outside to watch the majesty of Your glorious morning parfait unfold – I am thankful. Grateful. Awed. At peace.

Lord God, how I thank You for drawing me to this particular section of Your Word this morning. In wanting to better understand Paul’s benediction to his Corinthian friends, I turned to The Learning Bible. At the top of the page I find him encouraging them (v.5) to take a close look at themselves to see if they are really being true to their faith in Christ. “Check up on yourselves. Are you really Christians? Do you pass the test? Do you feel Christ’s presence and power more and more within you? Or are you just pretending to be Christians when actually you aren’t at all?”

Hmm Lord. Leave it to You not to let us get too comfortable with ourselves. Thank You for the push to examine ourselves in Your light. Thank You for this call to admit our failures to You, all the while trusting that You will help rebuild relationships that will glorify and honor You.

Lord, how I love You and thank You. Now, ‘may the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all.’ Indeed. Amen.

(373 words ~ 8:00 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment