Saturday, December 4, 2010

"Wait for it..."

Saturday, December 4, 2010 (6:19 a.m.)

Mm, Awesome God,

Thank You Lord. Thank You that this morning I truly had to “wait for it”. And even when I thought there was nothing left to watch for “Bam!” there was more color. Far more intense expansive color!

Oh Your goodness Lord. Here I was, sure that the beauty of the rising sun was over only to find that it had barely just begun. Hmm, Lord. How very often do I do that? Jump to conclusions based on what I see?

Lord, how I thank You for time to sit, reading Your Word, contemplating things larger than myself. I look around me. I catch a phrase and search it out. I read Habakkuk 2:3 and Romans 8:25. And I sing. Turn your eyes upon Jesus Look full in His wonderful face And the things of earth will grow strangely dim In light of His glory and grace…

Oh most dear and holy God, just looking around me I am grateful at how You have never left me nor forsaken me (Deuteronomy 31:6). I have gotten to wait and see You work. I get to sit and read and wait and watch and I am grateful Lord. Really, truly, deeply grateful.

Thank You for the love You have for Your children. A love so incredible that You sent Your only Son to save us (John 3:16). Thank You Lord that just as we can only catch fleeting glimpses as the color of the sky is here one moment and gone the next, it’s Your Holy Word and loving promises that stand the test of time. If I am truly going to wait for something Lord it HAS to be Your Truth.

Habakkuk waited for You to answer his honest concerns of You. And answer him You did. 2:2-3, “Then the Lord replied: ‘Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.”

Lord, thank You that although things that happen in our lives are often not what they appear, You are always good. You cannot change. You are well worthy waiting for!

My hope is built on nothing less Thank Jesus’ blood and righteousness… On Christ the solid Rock I stand; All other ground is sinking sand, All other ground is sinking sand

Thank You that I have this honor and this privilege of waiting for You. I love You Lord. Amen.

(436 words ~ 7:51 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment