Sunday, December 12, 2010

power

Sunday, December 12, 2010 (9:26 a.m.)

Okay Lord,

Three hours after the fact, I’m ready. I’m pretty much done with the stomping and the pouting and am ready to ask for and receive (John 16:24) Your strength and Your power (Ephesians 6:10). Thank You Lord. Thank You that You are patient and kind (1Corinthians 13:4-7). You are faithful and just (1John1:9). Thank You that because You are all these things and so much more, I get to come to You exactly as I am. Sometimes feeling happier than others. Many times feeling excited and eager to tell others (agog) about You. And just as often, feeling sluggish, morose, even apathetic. That is until Your mighty power kicks in!

Thank You Lord that You are willing to wait me out. You don’t just give me a set amount of time to come to my senses. No. You wait. As long as it takes. Until I am finally ready to say, “You know what God? I want to want to be here! I love You and I want to want to spend time with You.” And here it is. Finally. Your patience pays off. I’m here, ready to thank You and praise You and tell You I love You.

You are far more important to me than something to just blindly cross off my list of things to do. I love You way too much to come before You without my whole heart (Mark 12:30). Thank You that You are willing to wait for my soul to catch up with my mind and my body.

I love You Lord. I like You. I want to spend time with You. Thank You for inviting me every moment of every day to be with You. To get to know You. Mm, Lord. Thank You for the power of Your Holy Spirit that is willing to come along, turning hearts, souls, minds, and strength back to You.

Thank You Lord that because of this very prayer right here and right now I’m getting acquainted with new-to-me verses that I’ve yet to know before. Romans 15:12-13 (The Message) “And Isaiah’s word: There’s the root of our ancestor Jesse, breaking through the earth and growing tree tall, Tall enough for everyone everywhere to see and take hope! Oh! May the God of green hope fill you up with joy, fill you up with peace, so that your believing lives, filled with the life-giving energy (power!) of the Holy Spirit, will brim over with hope!”

Oh most precious Lord. How I love You! How I thank You. How I ask You to let me live this power to Your ultimate good this day. Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(352 words ~ 10:49 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment