Saturday, December 11, 2010

hilarious!

Saturday, December 11, 2010 (7:25 a.m.)

Lord God,

Thank You. Thank You. Thank You! Never in my life would I ever have thought that I would be sitting here thanking You for a dead rodent in the bottom of our pool. Yep. Dead rodent. BLECH! But thank You!

Thank You that I had been praying just prior to going outside that You would help me regain my power. There had been a tiny little disagreement here over the use of old batteries instead of fresh ones and I found myself getting upset over the way the whole situation was being handled. The degree to which I was becoming more and more irritated didn’t match well with the triviality of it all, but I truly couldn’t stop myself on my own.

That’s when I noticed what was happening with me! I saw clearly how I didn’t like being ignored. I was completely aware that I had the choice to let it bother me or to let it go. In choosing to let it go [thank YOU very much J] I noticed that it didn’t take long until I was being sucked back into negative, childish thoughts and behaviors.

That’s when I began praying and asking You to change my focus. I asked You to help me learn to allow someone to be upset with me without thinking I had to fix the situation. Even as I prayed, I was keenly aware of the inner turmoil going on inside me. I knew what was best – to just let everything play out on its own. Yet I also knew how I felt – ignored and ready to ‘show him’ that I didn’t like how he was treating me.

Enter You and Your hilarious sense of humor! Lord God, I truly still can’t thank You enough for the way You absolutely, completely, without a doubt changed my focus and state of mind.

How perfect it was that I had fairly mindlessly gone out to take care of the pool while the other half of the disagreement went to get lunch [which I thought was awfully nice under the circumstances!] It was as I drew closer to the fence, thinking how I would start by taking that great big leaf out first that I realized this was no leaf.

Nope. Furry. Tail. Grosser than gross! And what did I do after my initial scream of disgust? I laughed. Loud. And long. All the way from deep in my belly. Between an occasional screech of “Eeew!” and “Gross!” there were only the sounds of my laughter. And thanksgiving. To You!

Only you could take me from what was truly becoming a foul mood, by introducing something even fouler. Thank You Lord. Thank You that You could use a dead rodent, a large dead rodent at that, to bring me back to my senses.

I didn’t have to give away the power of my being okay. I needed that power to take care of the business at hand. Thank You that I was fully aware that it was You here with me proving once again that I truly “can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need” (Philippians 4:13).

Thank You Lord. You are amazing. Brilliant. Creative. Deliberate… Hilarious! I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(555 words ~ 8:30 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment