Friday, December 17, 2010

stalling

Friday, December 17, 2010 (5:50 a.m.)

Blessed God,

I don’t know how to start. I’ve been here for more than an hour. Stalling. Hmm. How about start there? Thank You Lord. With stuff stacked in the other room where I can’t reach my usual Bibles, You provide the only mention of ‘stalling’ in the translation I have available. How cool are You?

Daniel 2:8 (CEV), “The king replied, ‘You’re stalling for time

(9:10 a.m.)

Speaking of stalling for time, have I ever told You Lord how easily I fall asleep when reading history? Especially on cold, dreary early mornings?

Thank You for getting me into Your Word this morning. Thank You for whatever it is You’d have me learn from this particular section of scripture. Help me use it today to bring You honor and glory.

Wow! In just reading the introduction to the book of Daniel, I am once again amazed and eager to tell (agog!) of Your faithfulness. Here’s a young man, taken from his country and culture of origin, that stayed true to You at all times. What a positive example!

Lord, I can’t even begin to imagine possessing the kind of discipline that kept he and his friends ever faithful to You and Your will for them. How I thank You for this reminder!

As I read of ‘the capture of innocent bystanders’ and of You ‘humbling the proud’, I am so pleased to also read that there is always ‘hope for ultimate recovery’ even when there are ‘limited answers to life’s painful questions’.

The subtitles used under the Recovery Themes section are: ‘Life is Unfair’, ‘Not Victims Forever’, ‘God Can Do Anything’, ‘Pain in Recovery’. Lord, these are such vital truths to read! How I ask You to instill Your Truth in me this day.

As I prepare to go into the day, enable me to be faithful to You and Your will for me. I long to be counted as one mentioned in chapter 12, verse 3. “And those who are wise – the people of God – shall shine as brightly as the sun’s brilliance, and those who turn many to righteousness will glitter like stars forever.”

Lord God, thank You for what ever reason it was that I was stalling in coming to You this morning. Thank You for the jumpstart I needed in being able to get into Your Word this morning. Be with me as I go out to feel and be and think and do (Mark 12:30) all that You have for me this day. I love You so very much Dearest Lord. Amen.

(432 words ~ 10:14 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment