Sunday, December 5, 2010

truth in love

Sunday, December 5, 2010 (4:23 a.m.)

Amazing God of Glory,

Thank You! Thank You for unrest and dissent and disagreements in which we grow. Lord, thank You for truth that can be spoken in love (Ephesians 4:15). Thank You for continuing to work in us. Thank You for Your Word that indeed speaks truth to us, in love!

Lord God, how I come before You eager to tell others of Your love. Living with You and in You and through You is awkward Lord. It’s freeing (John 8:32) while at the very same time so completely different than the yelling, bickering or complete silence with which I grew accustomed at a very early age. With old habits dying hard Lord, I find anger my first weapon of defense when differences of opinions come along. Anger either expressed by my own sullen silence, or by unkind words and attitudes.

Thank You Lord that Your way is SO much better! Truth. Spoken in love. Ah, Lord. What an amazing and glorious concept! Thank You for not only thinking of it, but for repeatedly sharing it with us as well.

Lord, I come here with You ready and willing to learn more of what You would have us know. As my heart continues to change in the light of Your Word I ask You to temper and balance me. I see myself changing for the good. Your good. But with change often comes opposition. Teach me Lord to be prepared, fully dressed in Your armor (Ephesians 6:10-17) and the strength that comes from Your mighty power to counter every single attack and trick from satan.

I was excited when I woke up singing this morning. I was eager to come out here with You. Finding the words, I quickly knew there would need to be a twist to this particular carol du jour. Lord I look right straight to You asking Your truth to be evident in and through it. Taking out what commerce has created for this particular time of year I ask that we would truly celebrate YOU at the very heart of all our preparation. For we need a little Christmas Right this very minute, Candles in the window Carols at the spinet, Yes we need a little Christmas… but NOT like we’re used to Lord! This year be in every single decoration we set out. As we haul out the holly and put up the tree again, this year Lord let our hearts [and our souls and our minds and our strength] make it all about You!

For we need a little music, Need a little laughter, Need a little singing, Ringing through the rafter, And a little snappy Happy ever after, Need a little Christmas now Oh but NOT for the sake of ritual Lord! It’s NOT about the trimmings and the trappings Lord. It’s about You. All about You!

Help me speak Your truth in love this day Dearest Lord For I’ve grown a little leaner [in my spirit] Grown a little colder, Grown a little sadder, Grown a little older And I need a little angel Sitting on my shoulder, Need a little Christmas now Mm. Yes Lord. Christmas as YOU designed it! Speak Your truth in and through us this day dearest Lord. I love You. Amen.

(543 words ~ 6:07 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment