Saturday, December 18, 2010

another song

Saturday, December 18, 2010 (6:17 a.m.)

Blessed, Blessed Lord,

Thank You. I couldn’t get started with You. Thoughts and feelings seemed to be stalled. Focus was turned inwards. Even in attempting to Turn my Eyes Upon Jesus I was falling short. My desire was there, with very little follow through.

So here I am Lord. Just as I am. And what I mostly am is grateful. Not in an excited and eager to tell (agog) kind of way. No. This one is much more understated. Hesitant. Concerned.

I’ve read of the cancers of children this morning and the sadness and fear that brings into their lives and those of their loved ones. I truly feel a huge sense of guilt for even considering whining about a sore back, a stiff neck or a tiny little ache in my head. Forgive me Lord. Bless the babies. Bless their families. I can’t even imagine. I don’t want to imagine. I just ask Your peace, Your presence, Your comfort for them.

Lord, how I love You. How I thank You that every time I’ve turned around this morning there has been another song coming to mind. It started with Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face, And the things of earth will grow strangely dim, In the light of His glory and grace I thought for sure “Yep. That’s the one!”

But then I couldn’t get started with You so I went outside and thought I would come back in here and thank You for roses. Then I thought no I’d change that to thanking You for raindrops. It wasn’t until I was actually sitting here getting ready to join them together and thank You for raindrops on roses that I smiled after realizing it had already been done.

Of course even the thought of smiling switched my tune to that of Charlie Chaplin’s from Modern Times. And just tapping out these words I heard my mom’s threatening phrase [which I choose now to hear as a voice of encouragement J] telling me that I had better change my tune whenever I was behaving quite out of sorts.

So here I am Lord. Thanking You. Thanking You for music. Thanking You for joy. Thanking You for sorrow. Thanking You for Your plan. Thanking You for Your gifts. Thanking You for being our God and Father.

Lord, I truly can’t think of life without You. Thank You that because of Your precious Son I don’t have to (Romans 8:31-39). Thank You for Your perfect plan in this imperfect world. I love You so much. Continue Your work in me that I will become a much better follower of 1Thessalonians 5:16-18. "Always be joyful. Keep on praying. No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." I love You Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(482 words ~ 7:26 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment