Sunday, July 7, 2024

so many appropriate songs

 Sunday, July 7, 2024 (7:07 a.m.)


♪All his bags are packed He’s ready to go He’s lying here inside our door He hates to wake us up to say “Good bye”♪


Lord God, You’ve given us a good run. A REALLY good run. He’s tired. Is his room ready (John 14:2)? Can he have what we consider to be his early check-in?


We have tears Lord. So many waiting to be shed. 

(12:32 p.m.)

The songs keep coming Lord!


♪Country roads, take me home To the place I belong… Take Me Home, Country Roads♪ Please God.


We’ll Meet Again Don’t know where [Oh, but we do!] Don’t know when But I KNOW [emphasis mine!] we’ll meet again some sunny day!♪ Yes! Yes, we will!


We’re Over I guess you know we’re over… And all that’s left is to find a reason why We’re over, and we still can’t say goodbye♪


Lord, I believe You know what You are doing. I trust You. And I keep wondering how much longer this is going to take.


♪… Because [evidently] Neither One of Us wants to be the first to say “Farewell, my love” Goodbye♪


Oh but we do Lord. We want to let him go “rest in peace” with You. We’re good here. We want all You know is best for each of us.


Keep holding us Dear Lord. Reminding us that ‘Your grace is sufficient for us, for Your power is made perfect in weakness’ (2 Corinthians 12:9a).


We love, need, trust and want You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(247 words ~ 1:27 p.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment