Wednesday, July 10, 2024

brutal blessing

 Wednesday, July 10, 2014 (5:59 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You! You reminded me again to truly be thankful.


You have allowed us this brutal blessing. Yesterday I was agonizingly aware of just how much of this we can’t control or predict. Thank You for reminding me again to “Accept! Not expect.”


I confess to having expected a quick and easy passing. I am further confessing my dissatisfaction and whining about what we have been given instead.


Thank You the reminders Lord. To be grateful. To trust in You. With all our hearts. Leaning not on our own understanding. In ALL our ways acknowledging You. And You will direct our path (Proverbs 3:5,6).


Lord, I’m completely in over my head here. Having trouble telling up from down. Wanting so much to do what is right. Is there a right and wrong here Lord?


Trusting You. Right. Trusting myself. Not always. Work in me I ask. Providing every single thing I need to continue standing strong. In You. On Your Word. Faithful. Remembering that we really, truly are brutally blessed!


Thank You that as I consider a blessing in the midst of this brutality I get to read about grief being “an act of protest against living numb and small” (Francis Weller). Thank You again for reminding me that Jesus Himself wept (John 11:35).


And He also taught. “Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted” (Matthew 5:4). As agonizingly brutal as this current circumstance is, You are bigger, stronger and far powerful than our grief.


Thank You God. Thank You Jesus. Thank You Holy Spirit. In You we have everything we need. Use us. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(287 words ~ 6:38 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment