Friday, September 6, 2019

humbled


Friday, September 6, 2019 (6:07 a.m.)
Holy God,

The word humbled keeps coming to mind. As well as the song ♪Humble Thyself in the Sight of the Lord♪ Thank You Lord.

Yes, Lord. Thank You that You speak to our hearts. Souls. Minds. And strength. Thank You that as often as my mind wanders, You corral my thoughts. Humbling me. And ultimately lifting me up. Higher and higher.

There is so much peace, and hope, when we walk with You. Comfort and encouragement as well. Thank You God.

As I search Your Word, finding solace and support, my heart truly quickens with hope. This morning as I read in James and 1 Peter my spirit is absolutely lifted. The purpose of both books is listed as showing us how to live; well in a shattered and hopeless world.

Thank You Father. Paying especially close attention to 1 Peter 5:6-7, I ask You to incorporate the way You would have me live this day to Your specifications.

Reading in The Voice, I include verse 8 here as well. “So bow down under God’s strong hand; then when the time comes, God will lift you up. Since God cares for you, let Him carry all your burdens and worries. Most importantly, be disciplined and stay on guard. Your enemy the devil is prowling around outside like a roaring lion, just waiting and hoping for the chance to devour someone.”

Yes Lord! Do all You must that I would live this day as You wish. I love You. Long to serve, glorify and enjoy You. Use me Father. Thank You. Amen.

(271 words ~ 7:17 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment