Wednesday, September 18, 2019

repentance


Wednesday, September 18, 2019 (8:04 a.m.)

Shame. Guilt. Remorse. Repentance. There’s the word!

Holy God, thank You. Thank You that no matter how many mistakes I make, in You I am forgiven. Thank You. Thank You. Yes Father. Thank You.

I am not the kind, loving, peaceful, patient woman I long to be. In and of myself I am easily angered. Frustrated. Emotionally explosive. Forgive me Father. And bless those who have been the recipients of my wrath in the past.

Blessed God, how I thank You for Your love. Your correction. Your forgiveness.

This morning I come to You with a repentant heart. Guilty of harsh, unkind words and actions. And in so doing I turn to Revelation 3:19.

The Message tells us, “The people I love, I call to account - prod and correct and guide so that they’ll live at their best. Up on your feet, then! About face! Run after God!” Yes Father!

I long to learn and put into practice the skills You have provided us for loving others. My desire is to listen, regard and help. Yes Father. Please.

Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC), “Those whom I [dearly and tenderly] love, I tell their faults and convict and convince and reprove and chasten [I discipline and instruct them]. So be enthusiastic and in earnest and burning with zeal and repent [changing your mind and attitude].”

Oh Yes Father! I am convicted. Convinced. Reproved. And chastened. I know Your way of love and forgiveness to be the best. Empower and embolden me to enthusiasm, earnestness, zealousness and repentance.

It is in You I hope and trust. Do all You must that I would live this day according to Your will and Your way. Humbled. Heartened. Strengthen by Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10).

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(309 words - 9:37 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment