Friday, September 27, 2019

pouring out praise


Thursday, September 26, 2019 (6:24 a.m.)
Holy God,

My mind isn’t here yet. I could give You lip service. You deserve my heart. Where is it? Lost in thought. Jumping forward into the day. Appointments. Concerns. Let me be honest…

I’m filled with 
Friday, September 27, 2019 (5:24 a.m.)

And there I left it yesterday Lord. Not sure of what I was filled with. Thank You  that this morning I am filled with music and once again a willingness to hope.

What a difference between one day and the next. Yesterday I felt pretty uncertain. Even doubtful to some degree. And this morning I woke up singing ♪It’s Your breath in our lungs So we pour out our praise We pour out our praise It’s Your breath in our lungs So we pour out our praise To You only♪

It’s so true Father. ♪You give life, You are love You bring light to the darkness You give hope, you restore Every heart that is broken Great are You, Lord… All the earth will shout Your praise Our hearts will cry These bones will sing Great are You, Lord♪

Thank You Father. Thank You for how truly great You are. Yes Lord. Great. And good.

Turning in Your Word, I read Isaiah 60:1-7. Jeremiah 33:6-9. 2 Corinthians 9:8-11. Hebrews 13:13-15. Asking that You would speak to me. Teach me what You would have me learn this morning.

Thank You God that we get to turn to You. Read Your Word. Trust Your promises. Sing Your praises. Truly ♪pour out our praise to You only♪

The more I read Your Truth, the more I trust. Believe. Hope. I get to be sure in You. Thank You Father.

I got to learn a new to me word this morning. Dubiety. A lack of sureness. That is NOT what we are in You. We are safe. Secure.

♪You give life, You are love You bring light to the darkness You give hope, You restore Every heart that is broken Great Are You, Lord♪ Thank You Father.

It IS Your breath in our lungs! And I do pour out my praise to You only. In You I do not have to be afraid. In You I am safe. Secure. Sure. Thank You Lord.

Use me this day. Exactly as You know is best. Do all You must so I will follow where You lead. Trust and obey.

And where does that take me? Straight to The Hymnal. ♪Trust and Obey♪ First hymn listed under the topic heading “Assurance and Trust”.

Yes Father. Teach me to live this day assured. Confident. In You. By You. With You. Through You. For You.

I love You so much. Thank You for allowing me to stumble and struggle. Feel uncertain. All the while leading me directly back to Your feet. Where I can listen. Learn. Practice. Fail. Make mistakes. And learn some more.

Thank You that You alone are perfect so I don’t even have to try to be. Thank you for loving me so I can in turn love You and others. Make that obvious today. Your love for us and ours for You.

Do all You must Blessed Father that I will truly live this day for You. Pouring out praise as I go. Thank You Lord. Amen.
(564 words ~ 7:04 a.m.)

1 comment: