Sunday, September 22, 2019

all the praise and glory


Sunday, September 22, 2019 (6:49 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. Yes! I’ve had fun the last few days. And it’s to You I give all the praise and glory.

How blessed are we that Your Truth sings in our hearts and minds. ♪In my Father’s house There’s a place for me I’m a child of God Yes I am♪ Yes! We ARE Your children. How very blessed we are! Thank You Father.

Thank You for the honor and privilege of being Your child. Thank You for every reminder that you rightfully deserve all the praise and glory.

This morning “fun” led me to Zephaniah 3:14. Easy-to-Read Version. “Jerusalem, sing and be happy! Israel, shout for joy! Jerusalem, be happy and have fun!”

Blessed Lord, I love the way one verse takes me to another. Then a section. Maybe a chapter. And then the book overview.

If only… is a haunting phrase. It implies that we have failed and that we wish we could go back and do things differently. As we work through the process of recovery, we often become sad and ashamed when we reflect on the past. We regret our irresponsible and destructive behavior and wish we could erase past mistakes” (The Life Recovery Bible).

The PURPOSE of Zephaniah? “To shake the people of Judah out of their complacency and get them back on the path of recovery.” How true is this for me?

KEY VERSE: of this book? Zephaniah 3:11. “And then you will no longer need to be ashamed of yourselves, for you will no longer be rebels against me. I will remove the proud and arrogant people from among you. There will be no pride on my holy mountain.”

What will that be like Blessed God? To no longer rebel against You. Nor be ashamed of myself. Oh yes Father! Truly I give You all the praise and glory for changing us. Allowing us to truly “Be happy and have fun.”

Thank You Father. Use us this day. Praising and glorifying You as we go. Thank You. We love You. Praise You. Amen.
(354 words ~ 8:12 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment