Wednesday, September 11, 2019

the date


Wednesday, September 11, 2019 (7:23 a.m.)
Hi God,

I just saw the date. Does that explain the funk? I thought it was the change in weather. The date makes much more sense.

Father God, how I thank You for the hope we have in You. Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises.

Yes Father. Just look at the way You take whatever I have to offer You and guide me deeper into Your promises.

Originally turning to Hebrews 4:3-7 to read of what Your Word has to say concerning the date. I am reminded under Hearing God’s Voice in Illustrated Bible Handbook that we have the “benefit of living daily in relationship with a living Jesus.” Oh yes Father!

Oh most Blessed God, just look at the way You help me smile! Verse 7. “So God set another time for entering His place of rest, and that time is today. God announced this through David (Psalm 95:7-8) a long time later in the words already quoted: ‘Today you must listen to His voice. Don’t harden your hearts against Him.’”

Yes please Father! Let me not harden my heart against You.

Look! Here comes another smile. And a song as well! Thank You Father. Thank You for speaking with me this morning.

Psalm 95:6. ♪Come, let us worship and bow down. Let us kneel before the LORD our God, our Maker. For He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture, And the sheep of His hand, just the sheep of His hand.♪

And the smiles continue. “95:1-7 We all know how frightening it is to lose control of our life. For this very reason, we may hesitate to entrust ourself to God. Can He be trusted? God wants us to remember that when we surrender our life to Him, He regards us with the same concern a kind shepherd [the smile just exploded across my face!] feels for His sheep. If a watchful shepherd is around, the sheep have little to fear” (The Life Recovery Bible).

Thank You Father. Bless You. Praise You.

I confess! I have been attempting to control my feelings. My health. The weather. Every day. Thank You for the necessary reminders that YOU are in control. Line me up to Your will and Your way.

I love You Father. I long to serve You. Do all You must to this end.

Bless our hurting nation this day. Especially on the date we will never forget. We love You. We thank You. We look to You. Use us. Amen.

(427 words ~ 8:59 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment