Thursday, September 19, 2019

"rejoice and be delighted!"


Thursday, September 19, 2019 (5:55 a.m.)

Awesome, Amazing, Blessed Father God,

Thank You. I just experienced You speak hope into my being. Yes Lord. Thank You.

Once more, I didn’t get much sleep. So much seems to be on my mind. Toss. Turn. Pray. Read. Repeat.

Nothing seemed to help until I relocated to the couch. Here I searched. Played. Prayed some more. And finally surrendered to the idea of not getting any more rest.

That’s when it happened. You reminded me of all the hope I have in You. Thank You Lord.

I didn’t give up in a fit of anger. I wasn’t attempting to manipulate attention. Or gain control of any situation.

I simply surrendered. To You. Acknowledging that You truly do know what You are doing. In all circumstances. And I started using the word amazed.

Then came the reminder of a note I had previously written to myself. “Nothing will go right today. So I will relax rejoice and be amused delighted.” Yes Father!

I am asking You to work Your will in me this day. No matter the state of affairs, prepare me to truly "rejoice and be delighted!" My very own nutshell version of Philippians 4:4 and Psalm 37:4.

You speak to us Father. All we have to do is listen. And obey. Thinking this to be the title of a well known hymn, I find it to be ♪Trust and obey, For there’s no other way To be happy in Jesus, But to trust and obey♪ Amen, Father!

So this is what I ask of You this morning Father… There is going to be travel, potential outbursts of feelings, nothing might go right and I am asking Your peace and Your patience through it all.

Yes Father. Another song ♪Through it all, through it all My eyes are on You Through it all, through it all IT IS WELL Through it all, through it all My eyes are on You And it is well with me♪ Make it so Blessed Dad.

Illustrated Bible Handbook says this of “Psalm 37. David exhorts patience and trust when pressures come. The theme ‘wait for the Lord’ is repeated, with warnings against hasty action. This is an important psalm for anyone wronged by others.”

An important psalm indeed. I desperately need Your calming presence in the midst of any chaos this day may very well present. Let me truly stand firm. Rejoicing and being delighted in whatever may come.

I love You Father. I need You. I want You. I thank You. Use me. To Your glory and the good of others. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(436 words ~ 7:12 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment