Tuesday, September 3, 2019

humbly mindful


Tuesday, September 3, 2019 (6:21 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

I know what it is I’d like to accomplish today. Rather than start off all gung-ho and reckless, I’m coming to You first. Mindful of Your holiness.

Thank You God. Yes. Thank You.

I’ve been searching for a song with those very words [♪Thank You God♪] and have yet to find it. Still I thank You Lord. Yes. Thank You.

Interesting that in searching Your Word I again come across gardening references. More than anything that’s where I’d like to spend this day. Weeding. Pruning. Trimming.

And just like that I’m singing again. This time an easy find. Cannons. ♪It’s falling from the clouds A strange and lovely sound… Singing, You are holy, great and mighty The moon and the stars declare who You are… All glory, honor, power is Yours, forever Amen♪

Father, how I thank You for the ways You speak to us. I ask You to use me and the time You have provided in taking to heart the Truth found in Your Word.

The Message tells us, “The only reason you’re on the tree is because your graft ‘took’ when you believed, and because you’re connected to that belief-nurturing root. So don’t get cocky and strut your branch. Be humbly mindful of the root that keeps you lithe and green” (Romans 11:20).

Yes Father! Keep me humbly mindful of the root that keeps me lithe and green. I long to live in You. Abiding. Dwelling. Remaining. Being. Staying joined. Getting my life from You (John 15:4,7). Yes Father.

Teach me more about how things grow. Keeping me humbly mindful that it all comes from You. I love You Father. Use me I pray. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(300 words ~ 7:22 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment