Wednesday, September 4, 2019

in the garden


Wednesday, September 4, 2019 (6:37 a.m.)
Awesome God,

Thank You! I had time alone with You yesterday. In the garden of all places. And it was truly delightful. Thank You Father.

Thank You for the opportunity of being reminded of times past. Twenty-six years to be exact. An extremely significant time of our marriage. And my relationship with You.

Thank You Lord for calling us to You. Thank You the perfect work of the Holy Spirit. Calling us to action. Obedience. And the power to do what we’re told.

Blessed God, I do tend to forget the times You have worked in me. By, with, through and for me. Profound, amazing work. Thank You Father.

Twenty-six years ago I stood firmly on the Truth of Your Word. With no preconceived idea or notion, I went straight to Acts 16:31. Fully embracing and clinging to the hope I found there. “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Blindsided, Father, I truly had no plan. Finding myself in such an emotional state, I honestly did not know up from down. There was no time to plot or scheme, just to follow Your guidance. One tiny step at a time.

Father, how I thank You! The decisions made at that highly volatile period of our lives changed the course of our marriage. Forever.

Thank You Lord. Thank You for the courage, the strength, the power that came only through believing and trusting Your Holy Spirit.

All these years later, my heart is still calmed and settled as I read various translations of this one specific verse.

Amplified Bible, Classic Edition expands believing in the Lord Jesus Christ as “give yourself up to Him, take yourself out of your own keeping and entrust yourself into His keeping”. We did that Lord.

We got out of Your Way. And You saved us! Our marriage changed forever. And I can never thank You enough. Praise You Father.

Use us this day. Exactly as You know is best. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(350 words ~ 7:48 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment