Monday, September 2, 2019

in You


Labor Day Monday, September 2, 2019 (6:04 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You For fresh starts. Thank You for learning. Thank You for mistakes. Thank You for whatever is behind door number three.

Blessed Lord, I do not know what today holds. But I do know [realize, trust, believe] that You do. Names of God Bible tells me, “I know the plans that I have for you, declares Yahweh. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope” (Jeremiah 29:11).

This seems the perfect place for me to confess that I have known the plans I had for myself. Yes Father. Months after the fact, I am realizing that as I made the choice to go full-bore in one direction concerning my health, I don’t know if I ever took the time to include You in my decision-making process.

Forgive me Father. Here I’ve been touting my expectations of the good this latest two week experiment would yield only to be severely disappointed in the last 60 hours of it.

All of my hope [and faith and trust] had been placed in an eating plan. Where had I put You in the mix? Ouch! Talk about a reality check.

♪My life is in You, Lord My strength is in You, Lord My hope is in You, Lord In You, it’s in You… I will praise You with all of my life I will praise You with all of my strength With all of my life, with all of my strength All my hope is in You♪

In YOU Lord! Not a doctor. Not a food plan. In You!

Use me this day Lord. Guide and direct me on the path You would have me take. I love You. I long to serve You as You know is best.

Words from a song that keeps singing to me are ♪Thank You, Lord Thank You, Lord…♪ To this I say only, “Yes!” Thank You, Lord! I love You. Amen.

(334 words ~ 7:50 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment