Saturday, April 23, 2016

spiritual blessings

Saturday, April 23, 2016 (7:21 a.m.)
Holy God,
(8:19 a.m.)

Here it is! All this time searching and I found it. The Bible translation for Ephesians 1:3 that makes the most sense to me. New International Reader's Version. “Give praise to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. He has blessed us with every spiritual blessing. Those blessings come from the heavenly world. They belong to us because we belong to Christ.”
(10:36 a.m.)

What an exciting opportunity I have this morning! I started out by singing to You Praise God from whom all blessings flow (Doxology). The Celebration Hymnal referred me to Ephesians 1:3. Looking at various translations and different Bibles The Learning Bible teaches me something new.

1.3 spiritual blessings . . . heaven: The spiritual blessings include forgiveness (1.7,8), wisdom and understanding (1.17), faith (2.8), and special gifts to be used to serve God and the church (4.11,12).”

You spell it all out for us God. I started by singing just a few musical notes from my childhood (Praise God from whom...) and ended up excited [agog] to learn about spiritual blessings. Holy God, thank You.

Praise You Father. Praise You for all You are and all You do on our behalf. Continue Your work in me most holy God. Make me strong in Your mighty power (6:10), alert and persistent in prayer (6:17). Empower and enable me to use the blessings that flow so freely from You.

I love You Father. I thank You. Train me to praise, worship and adore You as You wish. Thank You for Your blessings. Guide me in using them to glorify and enjoy You as You designed me to do. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(291 words ~ 11:38 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment