Wednesday, April 20, 2016

heedful

Thursday, April 20, 2016 (6:39 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You that You are greatly to be praised (Psalm 96:4). Mm. Yes. So often I fall into a slump of indifference. I watch all the blessings You provide and I insist on focusing on what has not happened in the ways I've prayed they would.

Ah, but! Every time I take the opportunity to put my attention on You, Your Truth and Your promises along with the willingness to trust and believe Your Word another degree of hope takes root. Thank You Father.

Thank You that Your Word is solid. Your promises pure. When I choose to follow Your prompt and look deeper into what is written, I am heartened. Thank You Father that we have this privilege.

Starting again in Psalm 96 I read of singing You a new song (v. 1). Singing to You, blessing Your name (2). We're to publish Your glorious deeds and tell everyone of the amazing things You do (3).

“O nations of the world, recognize the LORD; recognize that the LORD is glorious and strong. Give to the LORD the glory He deserves! Bring your offering and come to worship Him” (vs. 7-8). The psalmist knew the importance of proclaiming and acknowledging You in all Your mighty splendor (9).

Thank You for all the people who have gone before us obedient to Your lead. Thank You for those who are willing to live as You require.

It's a word in the footnote at the bottom of the page in The Life Recovery Bible that has again stirred my being. The comment for 96:1-9 tells us “The way we live demonstrates what we believe about God. If we stay in our prison of sin, we show that we are either unaware of God's power to save us or indifferent about Him and the help He offers.”

I am not unaware of Your power. But how many times am I indifferent about You? Forgive me Father. The antonym to indifferent is heedful.

Mm, yes Lord. Make me heedful of Your joyful good news. Attentive. Careful. Mindful. Cautious. Alert. Aware. Watchful. Vigilant. On guard. Yes Blessed God, I confess to the indifference with which I respond to the power You provide us for real change.

I look to You for this change Blessed God. You are great. And greatly to be praised (Psalm 96:4). And I am grateful. Do all You must in making me into the woman You created me to be. Wonderfully complex (Psalm 139:14).

I love You. Thank You. Bless and keep us as we go out to do all You would have us do this day. We love You Father and long to bring You glory and honor. Thank You. Amen.
(459 words ~ 8:33 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment