Saturday, April 16, 2016

in spirit and in truth

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 (7:29 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You! Thank You that we get to come before You exactly as we are. Confused. Excited. Sad. Mad. Bad. Glad. You take us as You find us. But You don't leave us there. No. You encourage us to bring it all to You.

Thank You Father. I used to try to clean myself up before coming to You. Work hard at changing my own attitude. Replace fear with faith. Grumbling with gratitude. Thank You that I don't have to do that. No. I just need to come.

Thank You. Here I am. Asking You to take all the concerns of my heart. Health scares. Personality challenges. Child rearing. I bring it all to You because Your Word says I can. Psalm 55:22. Matthew 11:28-30. 1 Peter 5:7.

Thank You Father. Thank You that with every single care and concern I have I get to come asking that You would teach me to truly worship You in spirit and in truth (John 4:24 The Message). Oh, yes Father, please!

There are so many choices to consider. Decisions to be made. And we want more than anything to filter them all through You.

Father we love You. We long to serve You as You wish to be served. Guide us. Direct us. Lead us in seeking and finding (Matthew 7:8) You. Your will. Your way.

I bring to You a verse I came across yesterday dealing with anger. Psalm 4:4. So many variations of it. So simple. Yet equally profound. “When you are disturbed, do not sin; ponder it on your beds, and be silent. Selah” (New Revised Standard Version).

Be angry, and do not sin. Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still. Selah” (New International Version.

The Message, “Complain if you must, but don't lash out. Keep your mouth shut, and let your heart do the talking. Build your case before God and wait for His verdict.”

Such thought provoking versions. Then the Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC) hits it out of the park for me. “Be angry [stand in awe] and sin not; commune with your own hearts upon your beds and be silent (sorry for the things you say in your hearts). Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!”

Oh most dear and holy God. Oh, that we would learn to approach our daily lives and challenges with this approach. Make us obedient to Your teachings. We love You. Thank You for loving us all the more!

Work in, with, by, through and for us this day that we will truly worship You in spirit and in truth. Thank You. We love You. Amen.

 (449 words ~ 9:20 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment