Saturday, April 16, 2016

not at all what I expected

Friday, April 8, 2016 (6:53 a.m. EDT)
Grandeur of the Seas – back balcony
Heading North toward Baltimore, MD
You did it again God! Thank You.

This sunrise we just experienced together. Not at all as I expected. Waking over an hour ago I was sure it was going to be a clear, unobstructed view filled with color. Something I definitely didn't want to miss.

Setting myself up for the long watch included a thick robe, two pool towels, a lounge chair, blanket, pillow and far more time than I had anticipated. Thank You. What I thought was going to be relatively simple, with me back asleep in a nice warm bed in no time didn't happen.

Coming out to check on the stars still visible in the darkened western sky, I was immediately aware of the way the sky was lightening in the east. It took some moments to recognize this as my last unhurried morning of this trip to take the time and watch Your day unfold.

As quickly as Morning Has Broken came to mind, the clouds moved in. Dark, heavy clouds. Right over my head. Thank You Father.

Thank You that we can wake up expecting and preparing for one thing only to have various other circumstances come along. Thank You that I decided to wait and see what would happen.

Thank You that even though I wasn't sure what, if anything, I might witness I was beyond any doubt that Your sun would indeed rise. Although I might not get to actually see it, it was going to happen regardless.

Thank You for allowing me to think of all the dark clouds that pass through my thinking on any given day. Thoughts of gloom or doom that can many times offset my trust in You.

I come to expect certain things. Wanting them to be delivered as I envision. Thank You that Your thoughts are not my thoughts. Your ways are SO much better than mine (Isaiah 55:8)!

Thank You Father for the tango lesson we had yesterday. One in which we clearly did not excel! Thank You most importantly for my take away from that class, I still have far more practicing to do. I am not easily led. Learning, relaxing, trusting, believing these are all areas on which I can improve.

Thank You that You are not One to only give us what we expect. You give us far and exceedingly above (Ephesians 3:20) all that we think we want. Take this morning for instance.

I thought I wanted to catch a sunrise and go back to sleep. Instead You gave me the opportunity to wait and watch. To think and trust. Thank You Father.

Thank You for that first glimpse of orange in the eastern sea. Sitting up straight and watching it grow into a beautiful ball before going behind the ominous clouds allowed me more time to consider all You have for us every single day.

Still waiting, I saw as that orange ball seemed to transform into a crown above those clouds. Fingers of light splayed out in all directions. And then, the sun. Far too bright to even glance upon. Thank You for another reminder of Your brightness. Your brilliance. Your glory.

Thank You for this time together. Not at all what I expected. Use me this day Blessed Lord. To Your good and to Your glory. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(575 words ~ 7:50 a.m. EDT)

No comments:

Post a Comment