Friday, April 22, 2016

shelter and protection

Friday, Apr 22, 2016 (6:22 a.m.)
Awesome, Holy, Righteous God,
(7:49 a.m.)

Thank You for this time to come before You. Searching Your Word. Finding Your Truth.

I started with the word 'righteous' (Psalm 37) and am now considering You as the hens we saw guarding their chicks on a Caribbean island weeks ago. What a true blessing You are Dearest God.

Thank You for the effortlessness with which You protect us. Psalm 91 paints a word picture that takes me back to those mother hens plumping and expanding themselves to protect their babies. Thank You for such a perfect example.

Illustrated Bible Handbook describes Psalm 91. “Security is found in the shadow of the Almighty.” Yes! Thank You.

Psalm 91:4, “He will shield you with His wings. He will shelter you with His feathers. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.” Thank You Holy God.

Comments in The Life Recovery Bible tell us “91:1-4 When we discover that we are powerless to fight our addiction alone, we become weak like little children. We feel helpless to protect ourself, caught in a whirlwind of our own making. We turn to God our rescuer because there is nowhere else to go. How comforting to know that when we cry out, God will rescue us and protect us as a mother bird protects her young. Our powerful Defender will never fail us if we turn to Him for shelter and protection.”

You are so very good to us Father. You know the plans You have for us (Jeremiah 29:11). Here again, The Life Recovery Bible29:11 What comfort this verse offers! In our despair, we must remember that God has a special plan for each of us; He wants to bless us. Our challenge is to act on that knowledge. In recovery we are to pray for knowledge of God's will and power to carry it out.”

I confess to You right this very minute, I have forgotten the importance of this vital step (11). I continue in the vicious cycle of repeating to You all I am not instead of looking at all that You are. Thank You Father that You are indeed glorious.

There are mountains of things I have left undone. Unwilling to risk making a mistake, I refuse to participate in the revitalization efforts of our own home. Change me Father. Do all You must.

Continuing the footnote, “Our recovery is an important part of God's will for us. We can begin the process by recognizing how helpless we are against our dependency and entrusting our life into God's powerful yet loving hands. Realizing how much God loves us gives us hope for the future.”

Verses 12 and 13 of Jeremiah 29 tell us, “In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me.” I am seeking You Holy Father. Desperately! Thank You for promising that I will find You. Thank You for being my shelter and protection. Do all that is needed to make me the woman You created me to be. I love You so. Thank You. Amen.
(527 words ~ 9:03 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment