Saturday, April 16, 2016

solid and firm

Thursday, April 7, 2016 (7:41 a.m. EDT)
Heading north to Baltimore, MD
Grandeur of the Seas – back balcony
Holy, Loving God,

Thank You that You are holy. Thank You that You are loving. Kind. Forgiving. Understanding. Unchanging. Solid. Firm. Faithful.

We are getting tossed about out here. Thank You that Your intrinsic nature is solid and firm. Not at all like the waves of the sea.

My feelings often go all over the place. Highs. Lows. Stormy. Peaceful. Then I come back to You. Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises. And I am settled. Calmed. Reminded. Hope-filled.

Thank You Father. There are many things to do today. Pack. Play. Relax. Rejoice. Renew. Thank You for this blessed opportunity to sit with You.

Thank You for the privilege of bringing all of my heart, soul, mind and strength to You. You absolutely know all I am thinking, feeling, wanting. Even attempting to avoid. Thank You Father. Thank You for a quick thumb through of Your Word.

Thank You that in revisiting The Celebration Hymnal the deeper in I went I ended up exactly with the Bible verse with which I began this time together with You. 2 Timothy 2:19, “God's solid foundation stands firm; The Lord knows those who are His.”

How Firm a Foundation speaks Truth directly from Your Word. Isaiah 41:10 immediately brings the tears straight into my eyes.

It's my decision. Do I keep fighting them? Or just let them flow? I honestly don't know Your best for me here.

Malachi 3:3. Deuteronomy 31:6, 8. Verses from Your Word put to music, reminding us of Your solid and firm presence in every single moment of our lives. Continue Your work in teaching me to truly trust You with all aspects of my day.

Take all of my heart, soul, mind and strength and use them to Your good and to Your glory. Do all You must in truly training me to love You, myself and others as You command (Mark 12:30-31).

I love You. I need You. I want You. And I ask You (Matthew 7:7) to lead that I would wholeheartedly follow. I love You Father. Do all You must in helping me love You well. Thank You that You are solid and firm. Teach me to know, trust, believe and fully enjoy You. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(400 words ~ 8:47 a.m. EDT)

No comments:

Post a Comment