Tuesday, April 19, 2016

power to change

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 (6:27 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You! You worked in and through me yesterday to identify and share my feelings. Thank You Father!

Thank You for encouraging and allowing me to dig deep enough to get to the Truth that was there all along. Fear based avoidance. That's me. Former queen of fear based avoidance!

Father, thank You that old habits die. They do. Often harder than not. And when I stop pretending to be strong enough to handle disappointments on my own or acting as if they aren't even there You cover it all for me.

You provided everything I needed to put one foot in front of the other and make progress that had stalled for some time. Thank You Father. Thank You for doing everything necessary to guide, direct and empower me to change what I was unable to change on my own.

Absolutely thank You Father for giving me the courage and power necessary for making changes. Thank You that in this very time of thanking You I am led to reread Psalm 139. “O LORD, You have examined my heart and know everything about me” (v. 1). Thank You.

Thank You for Your Truth. Thank You that even when I confess disappointment in myself You still love me. Thank You that I am also allowed [encouraged?] to confess disenchantment with Your answers to my prayers. You know my thoughts (v. 2). Every single thing about me.

Thank You. Thank You that through all of the ups and downs of my emotional state I still believe You to be good. “Thank You for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous – and how well I know it” (14).

As I prepare to go out into another day, I ask You to go before, behind, above, below and beside me all the way. Guide. Lead. Direct my heart, soul, mind and strength. Do all You must that I would truly love You, myself and others as You would have me love (Mark 12:30-31).

“Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends You, and lead me along the path of everlasting life” (Psalm 139:23-24).

Yes, please. Do all You must Blessed God. I love You. I thank You. Amen.

(390 words ~ 7:29 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment