Saturday, April 16, 2016

so good

Thursday, April 14, 2016 (6:31 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. Thank You that we have You. Thank You that You are so good. Thank You that we get to come to You. Call upon You. Love You. Worship and adore You. Keep teaching us to do exactly that blessed God.

My thoughts stray. They often jump fearfully ahead to what may [or may not] come. Many times my mind replays moments of victory. As well as defeat.

Thank You that every single time I pause to consider Your Word and the Truth You have for us all my thinking settles. I get to be reminded of Your goodness. Your greatness (1 Chronicles 16:8). Your provision. Your plan.

Holy Father, I don't know what You have for me today. I do know that I want to embrace it and extol [praise enthusiastically] You in the process.

(7:46 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You for the opportunity to share experiences, strengths and hope with one of our offspring just now. Father, thank You for the privilege of recognizing Your peace in his voice. And thank You for the honor of reading Philippians 4:6-7 to him over the phone.

Thank You Dearest God for the moment just now when we realized and immediately coined the phrase that we are absolutely meant to be warriors not worriers! Yes! Father thank You!

You never cease to amaze me. I tend to be excruciatingly hard on myself. I look around me at all that is not done. Then I consider all the changes You have made in us. Father, I absolutely cannot thank You enough for all You do for us. Every single day.

We are a family of sinners. And You continue forgiving, teaching and loving us. In so doing, we come often to the point of acceptance, respect, understanding, patience, kindness. All this because You love us.

Be with me this day Holy God. Do all You must that I would do all YOU want!

Much earlier I turned in a hymnal to sing God Is So Good and it referenced 1 Chronicles 16:34. In looking up this verse and reading again of Your goodness and faithfulness, I also reread the whole of David's Song of Praise.

Particular verses stand out. “Give thanks to the LORD and proclaim His greatness. Let the whole world know what He has done” (8). “Search for the LORD and for His strength, and keep on searching” (11). This I do Blessed Father.

As I turn again to chapter 29, verses 11 and 12, I am uplifted my the reminder of Your greatness, power, glory, victory and majesty.

“Everything in the heavens and earth is Yours, O LORD, and this is Your kingdom. We adore You as the One who is over all things. Riches and honor come from You alone, for You rule over everything. Power and might are in Your hand, and it is at Your discretion that people are made great and given strength.” Thank You Father that You are indeed so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment