Friday, April 22, 2016

Another song...

Thursday, April 21, 2016 (6:51 a.m.)
♫Good morning to You

♫Good morning to You. We're all in our places, with bright shining faces. Now this is the way to start a great day

Holy God, thank You! Thank You that feelings can change just by a nudge in the right direction. You are so very good to us. Too many times negative thoughts cloud over all I know of Your goodness and Your grace.

Here I will ask You straight out, is this something over which I have control? Is it part of my nature? Nurture? Is thinking the worst instead of the best something I will always have to battle? Or will the day ever come that I will just be able to enjoy all the blessings You have provided us?

Another song... What a Friend we have in Jesus, All our sins and griefs to bear! What a privilege to carry Everything to God in prayer! O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear, All because we do not carry Everything to God in prayer!

Sweetest God, thank You! Every time I start to think of all the ways I must disappoint You another song comes to right my thinking. Under the topic WALKING WITH GOD – COMFORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT I find No One Understands like Jesus

While this is something I absolutely believe, still I contest “But He didn't sin” (Hebrews 4:15b). Round and round my thinking takes me. I know You are good. I believe it. I trust You. But...

So here, once again I hold You to Your Word. To Your promises. Hebrews 4:14-16 The Message, “Now that we know what we have – Jesus, this great High Priest with ready access to God – let's not let it slip through our fingers. We don't have a priest who is out of touch with our reality. He's been through weakness and testing, experienced it all – all but the sin. So let's walk right up to Him and get what He is ready to give. Take the mercy, accept the help.”

Okay. Sounds good. I keep trying to add my own conditions on the deal. How 'bout I just keep it really simple by saying, “Okay. God, here I am. Use me as You wish. Surprise me. Do Your best work in, with, by, through and for me.”? Yeah. Let's do it all Your way today.

Father, I absolutely do love You. Thank You for calling me to sing to You a random song from our child's first grade teacher, with an ending I never knew before today. Good morning to You... Now this is the way to start a great day

Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(460 words ~ 8:27 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment