Friday, April 29, 2016

all things

Thursday, April 28, 2016 (7:03 a.m.)
Holy God,

Good morning. Thank You. It's raining. Just a bit. Thank You.

Thank You that You know our needs. Teach us to be aware of them ourselves. You take perfect care of us. And I confess to not being satisfied. Oh my Your goodness... Did I really just say that straight out loud [in print] to You? But You know that it's true.

Thank You Father that You do indeed know all that is true. Thank You that You want us to know and believe it as well. I want to be satisfied. Truly I do. With You. Myself. Others. Tell me, what do You want for us? From us?

(7:28 a.m.)

Hmm. Smile. Grateful. Settled. “All things”. Thank You. Yes Father. Thank You that I even get to tell You when I am feeling unsatisfied. Thank You that in so doing, I am led to reading and singing to You of “all things”.

We sing it in church You make all things work together for my good. You stay the same through the ages Your love never changes. There may be pain in the night but joy comes in the morning

Thank You God. Thank You that even my inner most thoughts are not enough to turn You away from me. You want all of our hearts, souls, minds and strength (Mark 12:30). But even this You didn't expect us to do perfectly on our own.

No. You knew each of us long before we were ever born. “You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb” (Psalm 139:13). You made me “so wonderfully complex. Your workmanship is marvelous” (v. 14).

Yes. I may not feel satisfied with what I see as lack of accomplishments on my part, but YOU know the plans You have for me. Plans for good and not for evil. Plans to give me a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).

I confess to not understanding any of it. Yet, I believe. I bring myself to You. Flawed. Imperfect. Exactly as You created me. Asking simply that I would get to know and love You better than I do.

I want to serve You as You wish to be served. Glorifying and enjoying You each and every single day. I like smiling. Singing. Stretching. And surrendering to Your will and to Your way.

Thank You Father that with almost every thought comes either another song [Yes, Lord, Yes] or Bible verse [here, 1 Samuel 3:9]. Through singing and reading I am strengthened. Buoyed. Once again set apart to follow You as You would have me.

Continue speaking that I would truly learn to listen. I love You so very much. I long to live as though I wholeheartedly believe Jesus' life, death and resurrection to be enough to keep me satisfied. Thank You for once again reminding me that You do indeed work all things together for our good (Romans 8:28).

Give me eyes and ears to recognize and follow Your Holy Spirit exactly as You would have me. I love You. I thank You. Amen.

   (529 words ~ 8:00 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment