Friday, April 29, 2016

singing praises

Friday, April 29, 2016 (5:54 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,
(6:55 a.m.)

Thank You. I woke up singing praises... unto J-E-S-U-S our Savior and came out here to look into it with You. All truth be told, I sing to You and hopefulness begins. I read the lyrics. My head nods. And then the struggle reignites.

Holy God, I confess to You the struggle. I know You are good. No doubt about it. You bless us. Infinitely. And still I complain. All is not as I would have it. Back and forth the thoughts play out in my head.

Cranky, grumpy, opinionated people represent You. The example was ingrained in me early on. Yet it is not what I want for myself. Years into my relationship with You, I still work at surrounding myself with positive people.

Here again, my efforts fade and fail. Then I whine, “it's too hard”. Forgive me Father. You are so gracious and good. Back and forth the battle within continues.

And the praises I woke up singing? Still here. Underneath all the guck I so naturally exude. It's a Psalty song from decades ago, singing of us as a troubled vehicle and You as the best Mechanic here

Blessed God, descriptive phrases such as clogged carburetors, flat tires, overheated engines, a blown thermostat, steamed up radiator, a tank running low, no oil in the crank-case and a transmission 'bout to blow paint a vivid picture in my mind. As does the idea of putting my heart on a lift and starting to get in gear.

Holy God, I look to You. The best Mechanic here. And I confess to knowing next to nothing about car repair. Thank You that I don't have to! Thank You that the song continues Then try the Spirit's anti-freeze, It gets a big job done, Add a little oil of joy To make the whole thing run

The Holy Spirit wants to supply me with all I need to live as You would have me live. Lovingly. Joyfully. Singing You praises for all You have done through J-E-S-U-S our Savior

Continue Your work in teaching me to recognize and respond to that oil of joy You would have me use to approach each problem. I love You Father. I long to represent You well this day. Do all You must to make it so. Thank You father. I love You. Amen.
(401 words ~ 8:19 a.m.)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment