Wednesday, September 2, 2015

use us

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 (6:13 a.m.)
Holy, Blessed, Father God,

Thank You. You are good. You love us so much. I don't know how to love like You do. I'm asking You to do in, with, by, for and through me all that I am unable to do myself.

I could easily make an enormous list of my faults and failings.
(9:22 a.m.)

I make mistakes so readily and often. Again I look to You to change my mindset. My focus. We have a completely unplanned day today. Let us truly use it to Your good and to Your glory.

Father, You are so good. You have blessed us so incredibly much.

(11:20 a.m.)

Wholeheartedly I ask You to instill in us the ability to take these blessings and use them as You would have us. I read Your Word. I believe It. I trust It. I depend on It. On You, to right my thinking.

So many passages. So much Truth. I continue confessing to You my penchant of finding fault with myself. Again I know this not to be Your best for us. I compare myself unmercifully with others.

As much as I long to live the life of love You provide, I fall short. Imperfect. I read Your promises and my heart quickens. I believe. I trust. I hope. And back and forth I go. Positive. Negative. Hopeful. Doubtful. Double-minded.

Knowing You to be good. Accepting the enormous blessings You provide. But wanting more, from myself. Longing to stand firm on Your Word. But having to pause long enough to look it up.

Here again, I pause, asking You to supersede my imperfections. I quote Paul's words to the church at Corinth. “But thanks be to God, who made us His captives and leads us along in Christ's triumphal procession. Now wherever we go He uses us to tell others about the Lord and to spread the Good News like a sweet perfume” (2 Corinthians 2:14).

Truly Father. This is my prayer. That You would use us as a sweet perfume for others to know, love and trust You through Jesus Christ our Lord. We love You. Let it show. Readily. Easily. Fragrantly. Thank You. We love You. Amen.
(373 words ~ 12:41 p.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment