Thursday, September 10, 2015

a great way to start the day

Thursday, September 10, 2015 (6:03 a.m.)
Thank You Father,

I just woke up singing I like it, I like it And it made me smile. Waking up singing and smiling. That seems to be a great way to start the day.

Yes. Thank You Father. I get to turn to You. Regularly. Often. As many times as needed. And this morning it just so happens I got to start off by singing about liking something. Remind me of this as many times as necessary this day.

I'm one of those people who forgets easily. You bless me. I get excited. Something upsets my plans and the doldrums begin again. Please let me counter each attack of the blues with a resounding rendition of I like it, I like itAfter all these years of getting to know You better, rejoicing in and praising You is still not always my number one response to challenges.

The beauty and clarity of the skies these past many days continue to be what gets me readily calling out Your name in adoration. David even wrote of how the heavens tell of Your glory and the skies display Your marvelous craftsmanship (Psalm 19:1). Let me continue being reminded that it is YOU that is completely in charge of every single aspect of our lives.

NOTHING gets by You! We are safe in Your hands. “You are the living LORD! I will praise You. You are a mighty rock. I will honor You for keeping me safe” (Psalm 18:46). Thank You Father.

Through Your great way of starting my day, I was again able to read David's psalm (19) to You. Verses 11-14 especially bring it all back around to Your power.

“There's more: God's Word warns us of danger and directs us to hidden treasure. Otherwise how will we find our way? Or know when we play the fool? Clean the slate, God, so we can start the day fresh! Keep me from stupid sins, from thinking I can take over Your work; Then I can start this day sun-washed, scrubbed clean of the grime of sin. These are the words in my mouth; these are what I chew on and pray. Accept them when I place them on the morning altar, O God, my Altar-Rock, God, Priest-of-My-Altar” (The Message).

Blessed Father, thank You for being THE Great Way to start my day! I love You so very much. Use me to share Your love with others as only You can. This all I pray in Your precious Son Jesus' name. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

I like it, I like it...
(439 words ~ 7:22 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment