Monday, September 14, 2015

taking heart

Sunday, September 13, 2015 (3:46 p.m.)
Most Blessed God and Father,

I'm feeling scared. Anxious. Irritated. Exasperated. On the verge of tears. And all I know to do is bring it all to You.

You know every single aspect of the struggle going on right now. I don't. I only know the tiny portion I'm dealing with. The stubborn fear of another.

I keep attempting to share Your Word. Your Truth. Your love. And for all I can see it falls on deaf ears. Please most Holy God, do every single thing You can [which is everything!] to turn my loved one's heart, soul, mind and strength to You (Mark 12:30).

Patience is wearing thin. Fear keeps wanting to pop its ugly head. There's hurt and disappointment. Differing opinions and thoughts for courses of treatment.

Help us Father! Help us through to victory over pain and disillusionment. Your Son said it best. “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” I do NOT want to argue with that!

Blessed, Holy God, You absolutely know what is best for each of us. Thank You that You are our Daddy and we are Your children. Here I ask You to do all You must in, through, by, with and for us. All those things we cannot possibly do for ourselves.

Get us out of Your way that You can perfectly execute Your plans for our lives (Jeremiah 29:11). I am actively seeking Your will and Your way. Please Father, I believe I am standing in the gap for my much loved one.

I offer up Deuteronomy 4:29-31 for the benefit of this other. Please do all You must to show Your compassionate presence to this one who hardly knows Your goodness and Your grace. Your love and mercy. I do not believe continued pain and loneliness to be Your best for this one who has known so much already.

Hear the prayer of my soul. My heart. All that I truly am. I love You Father. And I am taking heart in Your promises. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(370 words ~ 5:29 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment