Wednesday, September 9, 2015

healthy steps


Wednesday, September 9, 2015 (6:03 a.m.)
Most Awesome and Holy God,

Thank You! Thank You that this morning I woke up genuinely joyful. It's a feeling I haven't experienced in quite some time. Thank You.

Thank You that yesterday I realized a sense of embarrassment early on and took immediate healthy steps to change my attitude. In fact, healthy steps were taken throughout the day.

Blessed God, thank You for directing me in making a conscious decision to keep no record of wrongs (1 Corinthians 13:5). Along with that commitment I took a very large piece of brown wrapping paper, scissors, tape and a washable [thank You for that decision!] purple marker.

Cutting the, as it turned out to be, much too large paper into two more workable pieces I taped them each to a bedroom door. With every single good decision that was made by our four and two year olds, I wrote them down. Focusing on the good things of the day was a delight I continued thinking about long after the deeds were done.

In fact, I can tell You [although I am fully aware that You already know!] the joy I have of remembering two decisions that were not just good, but “EXCELLENT”. My heart truly smiles just thinking of a four year old's decision to walk away, talking about and immediately forgiving an actual bodily injury, absolutely believing his baby brother meant him no intentional harm. Wow!

Oh, and, the healthy step I took the other day when You directed me toward gratitude? Yesterday when a 'grumpy attitude' started to form at nap time I was able to quickly identify it for what it was, combine the two words and say out loud that I was remembering to be grateful. Singing Rejoice in the Lord Always, This Is the Day That The Lord Has Made and The Best Day of My Life were automatic and extremely helpful. Thank You Father.

Thank You for the presence of mind to speak less words, listen so much more intently, encourage and publicly verify good decisions that were made. How I ask for more of the same today. This day will be spent with adults. Medical personnel. Your guidance in the directing of healthy steps is paramount.

I look to You Blessed Father. Asking, seeking, knocking (Matthew 7:7). Thank You for Your love for each of us. Empower and embolden me in using it well. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(412 words ~ 7:11 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment