Tuesday, September 1, 2015

right decisions

Monday, September 1, 2015 (5:54 a.m.)
Most Blessed God,

Thank You for Your love for each of us. Help me learn to use it well. I still struggle with self. And anger. Disappointment. Fear. Lots of negatives that do not represent Your best for us.

I'm confessing to You a puny, minor irritation. It could just be a misunderstanding in communication. Or perhaps a long standing habit of onesidedness? Yes. I definitely feel an imbalance of care and consideration here. So Blessed Dad, I'm turning to You.

I am inviting You in to my thoughts and feelings. I'm asking You to take this heart of stone that is quickly developing and replace it with a new one. One that has new and right desires, and a new spirit just like You promised the people of Israel (Ezekiel 36:26).

Holy God, my thoughts keep turning to how best to repay a hurt with an equal or even greater dig. That's not You! That is absolutely, positively NOT Your best for us.

Jesus came. He lived. Taught. Obeyed. Sacrificed. Died. And rose again. For each and everyone of us. He left us His Spirit to help us make right decisions. Oh yes, Blessed God. Help me make right decisions today.

Hurt. Anger. Thoughts of revenge. Those things always come readily and easily to me. They were actually modeled for me early on. With much hope, trust and belief, I am asking You to “Create in me a new heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me” (Psalm 51:10).

You are the One who can take this irritant I am currently experiencing and create a pearl from it. This I ask (Matthew 7:7) according to Your holy Word. I love You Father. I thank You. And I ask You to enable and empower me in making right decisions. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(314 words ~ 7:05 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment