Monday, September 7, 2015

a gift

Labor Day Monday, September 7, 2015 (6:20 a.m.)
Most Holy God,

Thank You. I've already smiled at least three times so far this morning. The fact the moon was still out. The beauty in the eastern sky. And the magenta title on a page in one of our bibles.

Thank You Father. There was not a lot of sleep for me this time. Trying didn't make it happen. Reading, breathing deeply, 'blanking my mind' all ended with another toss or turn. Even changing pillows didn't help.

The last thing I remember from just four hours ago was thanking You that the sleeplessness must be some kind of gift. True, a gift I didn't understand. Nor did I fully appreciate. But a gift nonetheless.

You saw my surprise just now as I turned to my randomly bookmarked page in The Learning Bible. “Life Is Puzzling, but It's a Gift from God”. Amen. Hallelujah. Thank You God!

Thank You that we get to look to You for every single aspect of our lives. Thank You that there is no part of all we encounter that is new or surprising to You. Thank You that here again is another smile.

THE BOTTOM LINE PURPOSE for the book of Ecclesiastes in The Life Recovery Bible is: “To show us that life is God's good gift to be enjoyed responsibly, not a puzzle that must be solved. Yes. Even in the middle of a night when I can't make myself fall asleep.

Blessed Father God, I ask (Matthew 7:7) You to bless us and keep us (Numbers 6 :24-26) this day. Make us strong with Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10). Use us to Your good and to Your glory.

Mm, yes Father. As I read selected verses from the Preacher/Teacher in Ecclesiastes (5:18-20; 8:15, 9:7) it's a comment for the first verses referenced that has me smiling most right now. “Celebrate the beauty of God's gift of life and its simple pleasures. Being healthy and content with what we have are gifts from God.”

Yes blessed Father, empower and enable me to truly celebrate the good gift we have in You. Thank You. I love You so very much. Amen.

(366 words ~ 7:14 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment