Friday, April 23, 2010

honest heart

Friday, April 23, 2010 (6:48 a.m.)

Good Morning Lord,

Thank You that I get to be honest with You. When things are seemingly going well, I get to thank You with a grateful heart. Whenever there is a problem of any kind I get to come to You exactly as I am. I don’t have to pretend to be different or ‘better’ than what I’m feeling. I get to just blurt myself out to You and You take me from there. Thank You Lord. Thank You that You love me so much!

Most Holy God, just knowing that I have the freedom to come before You with whatever I am thinking or feeling or experiencing allows You to change my heart, my mind, my soul. Allowing YOU to change me takes the burden and pressure of doing it all myself off of my shoulders and puts it right back with You where it so perfectly belongs. Thank You God.

Thank You that You are here for us. Unchanging. Unwavering. Perfect. Strong. Steady. Secure. Dependable. Righteous. Holy. Loving. Kind… Such an unparalleled list of words that don’t come anywhere near describing all that are and all that You do.

Lord, thank You for the history that is recorded in Your Word. Thank You for the stories of people who loved and worshiped You, yet were not perfect. Reading in First Chronicles this morning, again I am reminded of two (Adam and Eve) who had the privilege of walking and talking with You on a regular basis and still they made mistakes. All the way through to the end of this particular book there are reminders and examples of others getting to know and trust You.

Thank You Lord! Thank You that as I read David’s words of prayer to You (29:10-19) I desire to resemble verse 17. “I know, my God, that you test the heart and are pleased with integrity. All these things have I given willingly and with honest intent. And now I have seen with joy how willingly your people who are here have given to You.” I long to be a woman of integrity, with honest intent, who willingly gives to You.

I love You so much Dear Lord. Take my heart this day and use it to Your good. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(389 words ~ 8:57 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment