Sunday, April 25, 2010

fear

Sunday, April 25, 2010 (7:21 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Thank You for opportunities to ‘trust and reverence’ You (Proverbs 1:7 TLB). “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.” (NIV)

Thank You God for reminded me that if I’m going to fear anything, it needs to be YOU! “Fully Esteem And Revere God.” I’ve said it for years. How easy it is for me to forget!

King Solomon seemingly had it all. Money, power, wisdom... And still he made mistakes. Thank You that we are not led to believe that Your followers were ever perfect. Thank You also that they took the time to write down their thoughts, experiences and beliefs that we might all learn and grow from them.

Proverbs 3:5-6, Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path Thank You Lord. It’s so easy for me to run full force without Your direction and then wonder what happened.

Ecclesiastes 12:13, “Here is my final conclusion: fear God and obey His commandments, for this is the entire duty of man.”

Lord God, I keep flipping over to being afraid. Thank You that I have these incredible Books of Yours that remind me again that it’s You I am to trust. You I am to fear. You I am to love.

When asked by a teacher of religion which of the commandments was most important, “Jesus replied, ‘The one that says, ‘Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is the one and only God. And you must love Him with all your heart and soul and mind and strength.’ The second is: ‘You must love others as much as yourself.’ No other commandments are greater than these.’” (Matthew 12:28-31)

Thank You Lord for helping me remember just who (YOU!) and what (You again!) I am to fear, trust and obey. Thank You for loving me so much that You would provide for my every single need. Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(351 words ~ 8:26 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment