Wednesday, April 28, 2010

indifferent

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 (8:07 a.m.)

Awesome God,

Thank You. Thank You that good, bad or indifferent I get to keep coming to You. I might feel happy or sad. Confused or overwhelmed. It doesn’t matter my state of mind. I still get to come to You.

(9:02 a.m.)

Lord, You never cease to amaze me! My plan, more than two hours ago, was to come to You speaking of ‘in’ words like: inspiring, incredible, entice, encourage. I was not expecting indifferent. Yet here it is. You, once again reminding me of the importance found in Revelation 3:19. The Living Bible says it this way, “I (YOU!) continually discipline and punish everyone I love; so I must punish you unless you turn from your indifference and become enthusiastic about the things of God.”

Most Holy God, how easy it is for me to get lulled into a state of indifference in an ineffective attempt to protect my own feeble state of mind. I don’t want to rock boats or upset apple carts, so if I feign not caring I can protect myself from all upheavals. NOT! It absolutely doesn’t work that way! You have (ARE!) such the better Way! (John 4:16)

Eugene Peterson again used words I can understand. Revelation 3:19 in The Message, “The people I love, I call to account – prod and correct and guide so that they’ll live at their best. Up on your feet, then! About face! Run after God!” That doesn’t sound the least bit indifferent to me!

And where do I find the energy to make that about face and run after You? At the foot of Your cross! Where I come with a grateful (NOT indifferent!) heart. Grateful to You that You will even have me!

Lord, thank You! Thank You that I get to come to You EXACTLY as I am and allow You to ‘strip off every weight that slows me down, especially the sin that so easily hinders my progress. And let me run with endurance [Look! Another ‘in’ word! J] the race that You have set before me.’

Thank You so much Lord. I love You! Amen.

(360 words ~ 10:09 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment