Friday, April 9, 2010

assurance

Friday, April 9, 2010 (6:05 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

How is it that I am still amazed and thrilled every time You help me smile? While still in bed, I was wondering what to say to You today that’s different than any other morning.

Coming out to a leaking coffee maker, I could have grumbled and growled. Instead, You drew my attention to the smiling ‘Cheshire Cat’ moon just outside the kitchen window. Smile number one before six a.m. Thank You Lord!

Smile number two came shortly after. Thinking for sure that I would be singing Blessed Redeemer to You, I was shocked when I couldn’t find it in The Hymnal. I’m smiling again right now as I just think about it. The key word in the title? Assurance!

Oh Your goodness God! Oh, Your great and glorious goodness! Reading through this treasured hymn, how thrilled I am to be reminded that Jesus is mine! Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine…

As I sit here smiling still, I am thrilled for yet another opportunity to thank You. Thank You Lord that This is my story, this is my song, Praising my Savior all the day long… Lord God, thank You for the faith of Fanny Crosby. The inspiration that comes from her words and her life points directly back to You. Perfect submission – all is at rest, I in my Savior am happy and blest; Watching and waiting, looking above, Filled with His goodness, lost in His love

Filled with Your goodness, Lord. Lost in Your love. This is not just her story! It’s all of ours! Because of the blood of Your obedience and sacrifice “we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place” (Hebrews 10:19). We get to “draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water” (v.22).

Oh most dear and loving Lord, how I thank You for this kind love You have for us. “Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful” (v.23). How perfect and blessed is this assurance Dear Lord! How I thank You and love You. Use me today Lord. And help me smile as I follow You. Thank You. Amen. J

(388 words ~ 7:10 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment